Narrowband

Sky watcher 127 computerised

Depends which tripod and mount you have - some are very good. At the risk of sounding "obvious" are you locking the altitude axis before attempting a goto. How far out is the angle? If it's your first scope and recently purchased you will need to lock both alt and az axes before searching for an object. Or are you further along than that? Hth :)

(Can you name the make/model of the mount for us pls)

Halo [at the risk of getting told off by a moderator] the way you pose questions and respond makes it difficult for people to know how to help you, which is fundamentally what people on here want to do.

The latest version of the handset firmware is 3.37.

James

Sorry for all the hassle I've caused everyone but I have serious problems writing and reading and problems how to ask questions.I won't ask anymore I shall close my account.

No question is hassle to try to help with.

To get the most from your telescope carry on asking questions, you will have to help us understand what we are helping with. It is a two way dialogue, so we don't always get it right first time, but that is fine just keep trying. People want to help, sometimes it takes a little while to get to the bottom of a problem but keep going we'll get there.

Halo, it's no hassle, we've all asked basic questions, it's the only way to learn, it's just helpful to everyone, and ultimately to you, to include more detail in the questions, you'll get quicker and more accurate answers that way. I'm sorry for my critical post.

You've said in another post that your handset is v3.09, I suspect this is not the Handset Firmware version, but the Handset Hardware version.

If you turn on the handset, go to the "utility function", then "show information", then "version", you will be given a list of information, note this down and tell us what it says, the options are usually:

H.C. Firmware:

H.C. Hardware:

Database:

Sometimes a serial number: (this is a specific serial number for your unique handset and we don't need to know this).

The latest version of the Firmware is 03.37, the latest version of the database is 03.28, and the Hardware is just dependent upon the specific handset you have, the two handsets I have are v03.03 and v03.06.

Knowing what version of the Firmware you have will allow us to tell you if there is value in updating it for your mount.

Again I am sorry if my post made you feel bad, that wasn't my intention, I just want you to get the most from your interaction on SGL.

James

Halo, it's no hassle, we've all asked basic questions, it's the only way to learn, it's just helpful to everyone, and ultimately to you, to include more detail in the questions, you'll get quicker and more accurate answers that way. I'm sorry for my critical post.

You've said in another post that your handset is v3.09, I suspect this is not the Handset Firmware version, but the Handset Hardware version.

If you turn on the handset, go to the "utility function", then "show information", then "version", you will be given a list of information, note this down and tell us what it says, the options are usually:

H.C. Firmware:

H.C. Hardware:

Database:

Sometimes a serial number: (this is a specific serial number for your unique handset and we don't need to know this).

The latest version of the Firmware is 03.37, the latest version of the database is 03.28, and the Hardware is just dependent upon the specific handset you have, the two handsets I have are v03.03 and v03.06.

Knowing what version of the Firmware you have will allow us to tell you if there is value in updating it for your mount.

Again I am sorry if my post made you feel bad, that wasn't my intention, I just want you to get the most from your interaction on SGL.

James

ive done what you said says as follows

H.C Firmware:

Ver.03.09

As you are using the SynScan AZ mount, this firmware isn't as old as it actually looks, I think it jumps from 03.09 to 03.27 or so. You should be able to get a good alignment and good GOTO database with this configuration, but there may be some minor corrections applied by updating the firmware. 

Are you a member of a local astronomical society or club, as someone there will probably be used to doing that, as you usually need a dedicated USB to serial conversion lead unless you have a PC with a serial port. It is a slightly tricky procedure to do, and if it freezes half way through it can prevent you being able to use your handset, so unless very computer savvy, I wouldn't attempt this yourself.

But I think it should be good enough to use.

James

Archived