Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

An RGB Moon

MattJenko

I have had a go at producing an RGB Lunar image.

I have a borrowed Celestron C8 with a reducer and I used an ASI120M with RGB filters to create 3 stiched images, which then was processed as an RGB image. A lot of this is rather experimental for me, but I think it has come out quite well despite my ham fistedness at times. The trickiest part was the alignment. I think I am significantly more insane now than when I started.

Enjoy. 45G of video processing has pushed me and my poor PC hardware rather close to breaking point!

b98176d55ff1948e91bcf92e42278a13.1824x0_

Thanks All,

Rob - I haven't yet studied my Lunar features enough to know those off the top of my head - I had to look them up :embarrassed: . I do agree that it was worth the effort - lots of features there. I wasn't sure that it would be worth it when I started though. It has certainly made me better (or at least more efficient) in mass processing lunar surface videos, which is a good thing, as any high resolution disk requires a lot of images, and I am building up to trying an image without the reducer!

I am still struggling with my side project of lunar shadows, but think I have an inkling now of what I need to do to do it.

Cheers

Matt

Archived