sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_4.gif.6a323659519d12fc7cafc409440c9dbf.gif

Sept 26 Efforts with a Quark

Here's an attempt from today. I was blessed with clear skies almost all day so tried my hand.

This is using a Skywatcher st80 80mm f/4.5 with omegon t2F-m48M adapter and then the quark screwed down tight to the end.

I am try8ing to get to the level of detail seen here in others.

These images are 20 secs between 70 and 100 fps using firecapture and a ZWL120 mono. Focusing is as good as I can make it by hand.

There's still a few dust spots left but other than that, any tips?

Active region

post-4675-0-52658400-1443301419_thumb.jp

Large prominence

post-4675-0-72283000-1443301446_thumb.jp

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments - I am looking to improve the contrast and the detail . I particularly liked Michael's animation of the sunspot in H-alpha. Just watching the movement of material along the mag fields is hypnotic.

How many images per video do people normally capture ? So far I've been doing 1300-1500 over 20secs . Do most use more ?

Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tomatobro
      Coronado pst, 2000 frames best 20% in Auotstakkert and polished in Registake6 and Gimp
      ASI383 MC

• By TakMan
      Out and imaging early this morning by 7.53 as the wife said we would be "out by 11.15" and I'd rather not have a thick ear!
      Beautiful clear sky but it soon became apparent that seeing was off. Suppose the TEC140 is more susceptible than the smaller TSA102 that I used last year...
      Results from first few runs disappointing, so this is the first that I deemed half decent - captured at 8.12am
      Will add more later, but to start, the 'New Spot', or AR2829. Looking like a Beatle... or house spider or something (bright arch the body with legs out of each side)... or perhaps it's just me (too much sun) !
      Best 100 frames from 3000. Flat frame calibrated. 0.29"/Pixel. Basler '174' > Quark > TEC140 > Baader D-ERF.  AS!2 > ImPPG > Ps.

Inverted:

GONG image for ref:

Damian

• By TakMan
      Don't know where you guys and girls get the time to process all this solar data!
      Found time now for just one, from the 20+ files from Tuesday (still got Monday and Sunday to go through)!
      AR2827, taken at 9.07am
      Roughly 0.29"/Pixel
      Best 100 frames from 3000, flat frame calibrated.

Damian

• By SuburbanMak
      I almost hesitate to ask this but ahem, here goes... 
      My EBay white light filter turned up today & I scurried out into the garden like an excited child on Christmas morning. 

After a bit of faffing I have it clamped to the ST80 and using the equally cheap but pleasingly effective SV-Bony pinhole projector finder (can’t believe it just slotted in and is aligned as there’s no way to adjust) there is a lovely big, crisp, solar disc. 

Can’t see any sunspots though - and here’s the dumb question - is there just nothing doing today or am I missing a trick? 

Any beginner tips on white light observation gratefully received...

• By sandconp
      I currently have a ZWO 178MC OSC planetary camera.  Everybody tells me that I need to get a mono chrome camera for solar imaging. I have narrowed it down to two cameras the ZWO ASI178MM or the ASI174MM.  The ASI174MM is quite a bit more expensive and I am not sure why?

I have a Lunt 60MM HA f/7 Solar scope and looking for recommendations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.