Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cleaning

The Baader Wonder fluid and micro fibre cloth kit is well worth investing in for glass cleaning issues for the future. An occasional dust off with a rocket blower, should keep you going for a very long time. However, in the event the glass becomes really filthy, then, after blowing off all the dust,  a very soft gentle wipe with the microfiber cloth, dampened with the fluid, carried out in circular motions over the glass, starting from the centre and working outwards, should do the trick. Under no circumstances flood the front glass with the liquid HTH :)

I don't want to poo poo other advice but cleaning should NEVER be in circular motions. You should wipe from the center to the edge in straight lines & use a new piece of optical tissue between strokes. Don't clean unless the lens or corrector plate is really dirty as I remember a test that was done where the objective had a shed load of muck & the effect was minimal. Always remove grit with a blower as it can scour your lens if you are unlucky. There is no need to treat correctors or lens with kid gloves but just be careful.

I don't want to poo poo other advice but cleaning should NEVER be in circular motions. You should wipe from the center to the edge in straight lines & use a new piece of optical tissue between strokes. Don't clean unless the lens or corrector plate is really dirty as I remember a test that was done where the objective had a shed load of muck & the effect was minimal. Always remove grit with a blower as it can scour your lens if you are unlucky. There is no need to treat correctors or lens with kid gloves but just be careful.

I don`t think it matters what method you use so long as extreme care is taken, straight line strokes can at times have habit of leave streak's, incidentally TeleVue recommend the cleaning of optics as I described :)

Archived