Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Lowen22

Kelling Heath 26/08/2015

Hi all,

I walked into the spare room and wasn't too happy with the amount of dust on my Skyliner 200p DOB and decided it was time to take her out.

I live about 23 miles away from Kelling Heath (Norwich City) and decided to drive out to Kelling in search of Dark skies. Rather than go to the camp site where the star parties take place, I went to the actual heathland in kelling also known as Kelling Heath. A friend of mine is into taking pictures of the night sky so he came along with his DSLR.

The Plan was to view Saturn and to take a look at the moon too, however we got there a little later than expected and Saturn had just dipped out of view. I still got a good look at the Moon, my friend had his first look through a telescope and was amazed at the detail!

Not the most exciting report but it was my first proper outing of the year so I was glad to get back out there!

post-37995-0-03986800-1443262580_thumb.j

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NeilDMunro
      Hi,
      I have been attempting to update my SynScan V3 Hand Controller from V3.08 to latest version. Handset bootloader is V1.7.
      Unfortunately I just get the message “Can not connect to SynScan hand control”. I have looked at numerous forums and tried everything that has been suggested (including older versions of firmware installer), but getting nowhere.
      I am using a Skywatcher SynScan USB Adapter (purchased from Bristol Cameras) and installed the driver from the Skywatcher website. The adapter shows in the COM ports and says it is working properly.
      I have tried different computers (Win10 and XP) with no joy.
      Can anyone help, or is there anyone in North Aberdeenshire that has successfully updated their handset willing to give mine a go (once travel restrictions, etc ease)?
      Thanks
    • By merlin100
      The first two photos were taken using my BST StarGuider 3.2mm ED EP. The middle one was using a 25mm MA EP. The last two were taking with a 10mm MA EP. 
      I was just holding the phone to the eyepiece, using the zoom and exposure compensation. I have no control of the ISO with this phone, even using the Open Camera app. 

• By Crignog
      Hi! I'm very new to astronomy and have ordered a SkyWatcher StarQuest 130p as my first telescope, which arrives soon. As I understand it the tripod is the biggest weak link in the setup. Is it possible for me to buy a replacement, better tripod to improve my viewing experience overall?

Apart from the tripod what would you recommend upgrading?

Thanks!
    • By Gevorg
      Hello!
      I am trying to setup the Skywatcher MC 102/1300 SkyMax BD AZ-S GoTo telescope+mount.
      What I did:
      Start from parking mode. The telescope is aligned to north. Turned it on and aligned with 2 stars. During the alignment the tracking is turning on all the time and moving the telescope position. Then when I try to go to some star the north/south motion never ends. While the East/West motion stops at right location. This is really wild to me. Can someone help with understanding what is the problem ?

Thanks,
      Gevorg.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.