Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents_winners.thumb.jpg.0650e36a94861077374d1ab41812d185.jpg

Lowen22

Kelling Heath 26/08/2015

Hi all,

I walked into the spare room and wasn't too happy with the amount of dust on my Skyliner 200p DOB and decided it was time to take her out.

I live about 23 miles away from Kelling Heath (Norwich City) and decided to drive out to Kelling in search of Dark skies. Rather than go to the camp site where the star parties take place, I went to the actual heathland in kelling also known as Kelling Heath. A friend of mine is into taking pictures of the night sky so he came along with his DSLR.

The Plan was to view Saturn and to take a look at the moon too, however we got there a little later than expected and Saturn had just dipped out of view. I still got a good look at the Moon, my friend had his first look through a telescope and was amazed at the detail!

Not the most exciting report but it was my first proper outing of the year so I was glad to get back out there!

post-37995-0-03986800-1443262580_thumb.j

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.