Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon test

Alienfox

I decided this evening to test my Philips 900 camera as I have been having a few proplems with focusing, managed to get that about right after relising I needed the camera nearer the secondry mirror, anyway, so set my scope up and went for it.

Captured video via SharpCap and stacked the frames using registax 6, did some minor adustments in PS6, not really happy with the finished result! Its unsharp so I still need to practice with it before the full moon on monday.  If not I think its back to the DSLR.

Your comments would be more than welcome.

22_13_52.jpg

Den

Nice try indeed and a good result.

One factor of many that affects proper focusing is if the sensor (camera) can see the target with the proper amount of light needed so for the sensor and its electronics to "produce" a clear image. You can't have the right focus with the wrong amount of light. 

IMHO your image "suffers" a bit from that. Of course a DSLR or a dedicated lunar/planetary CMOS camera will produce better lunar/planetary images but look if you can to boost the sensitivity of the Philips in its settings first. If you can first do that and then try to refocus before you go to DSLR/CMOS.

Clear skies. 

Archived