Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Dark Sky Ranger

Hello from darkest Dumfries and Galloway

Hello, everyone, I am one of four new Freelance Biosphere Dark Sky Rangers here in Dumfries and Galloway. I met a couple of your members a week or so ago when they were up preparing for your next Star Party up here. I am just starting out and it was great to meet such enthusiastic and knowledgeable people and I thought that I should sign up and find out more.

All the best to you all, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth, welcome to SGL, the friendliest astro-forum known to humankind.

You have wonderful dark skies. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Hi Elizabeth,,welcome to SGL i`m glad you found us,it`s a shame you could not have stayed longer at our meeting,the skies just got better ,that can`t be said about the computer on my scope,hope you enjoyed the evening ,have  your binoculars arrived  yet ? Have not yet had the time to email you as i`ve been under the weather,will pm you this weekend Steve made it down,it was great catch up,hope you were not put off by the amount of info we bombarded you with?

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

Hi Elizabeth,,welcome to SGL i`m glad you found us,it`s a shame you could not have stayed longer at our meeting,the skies just got better ,that can`t be said about the computer on my scope,hope you enjoyed the evening ,have  your binoculars arrived  yet ? Have not yet had the time to email you as i`ve been under the weather,will pm you this weekend Steve made it down,it was great catch up,hope you were not put off by the amount of info we bombarded you with?

Regards

Mike

Thanks for all your help,  the binoculars are here and they are great for moon watching so I will use them for my star walk at the Wigtown Book Festival on Saturday and at Sanctuary too. Shame I didn't get to meet Steve in person but I will soon. I have been asked to look into the parallelogram mount that you had if anyone has any suggestions they would be welcomed. E

Hi There,

Warm welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy the forums. Fantastic location you have dark skies abound.

• Like 1

Hi Elizabeth and welcome to SGL, you have been making friends already I see, enjoy using your binoculars and the forum :)

• Like 1

Hi Eliizabeth,

Welcome to SGL, Mike told me about your visit to Galloway. He did say you missed the best of the night unfortunately, better luck next time! It will be nice to meet you hopefully at the Autumn Galloway Star Camp in November. Sounds like you have an interesting job lined up. Best of luck with it.

Derek

• Like 1

Hi Elizabeth,

Great to meet up with you, trust your walks are well attended.

You are welcome to pop along in November.

Welcome aboard!

Cheers

Adrian

• Like 1

Hi Eliizabeth,

Welcome to SGL, Mike told me about your visit to Galloway. He did say you missed the best of the night unfortunately, better luck next time! It will be nice to meet you hopefully at the Autumn Galloway Star Camp in November. Sounds like you have an interesting job lined up. Best of luck with it.

Derek

Thanks, it has been good so far and I am intending to come along to the Star Camp along with the other Dark Sky Rangers to learn more from you all. :-) E

• Like 1

Hi Elizabeth,

Great to meet up with you, trust your walks are well attended.

You are welcome to pop along in November.

Welcome aboard!

Cheers

Adrian

Thanks,  it was great to meet up with you too. My fist walk on Saturday had nearly 40 people on it so I hope the rest continue to be popular. I was buzzing after as they all seemed to enjoy it. :-) Elizabeth