Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Starlight 1

my new toy

I decided to get a new toy mainly from visual , I've had several discussions with Olly as this is really made for Astro but I'll give it ago or I might have to go over to the Darkside.

• Like 4

That's silly you don't need it for visual I'll swop you for my 100mm refractor  :grin:

Dave

You took olly's advice?. Rather you than me.

LOL. 

Just kidding. Looks like a fine set up. Bit of overkill for visual perhaps (well compared to what i use for visual)...........it looks like its crying out to be an imaging set up.

Over to the darkside you go.

• Like 1

You took olly's advice?. Rather you than me.

LOL. 

Just kidding. Looks like a fine set up. Bit of overkill for visual perhaps (well compared to what i use for visual)...........it looks like its crying out to be an imaging set up.

Over to the darkside you go.

Funny comments and people with a sense of humour always makes me smile.

Ah! but what did you do with all free clouds that you got in the box  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Clear Skies

Robin

• Like 1

Ah! but what did you do with all free clouds that you got in the box  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Clear Skies

Robin

That was easy I put the box in the deep freeze for three hours then take  out the solid cloud and put this back in the freezer just in case I ever decide to move the scoop on.

Edited by Starlight 1

Thats one cracking st80 you've got there ;)

Something tells me your guide scope isn't too bad either :D

• Like 1

Thats one cracking st80 you've got there ;)

Something tells me your guide scope isn't too bad either :D

Close the 80 is the finder scope the 106 is the guide any suggestions for the main scope .

• Like 1

Close the 80 is the finder scope the 106 is the guide any suggestions for the main scope .

haha :D

These are great looking scopes. I wasn't able to give any (bad!) advice on looking through an FSQ106 because I've never done so! (Mine is an older fluorite and the rear element is frighteningly close to where a diagonal might reach.) However the FSQ85 was ridiculously good for its aperture when looked through. I saw the Hamburger in the Leo Triplet, which I think is respectable for 85mm...

Olly