SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M13 - a nice little ball of stars!

Sam

Here's M13 from 22 exposures at 30secs each unguided stacked in DSS and tweaked in Gimp Just to the left is a faint NGC 6207. It's been a few weeks since I've done any DSO imaging so I am quite happy how it turned out - I kept getting star trails above 30secs, hence the relatively short exposures.

5742_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Sam

thanks! you posted this sub of 800x533, is that what you shot or did ukastronomers.com change the dimensions? sorry for the questions but I am contemplating my first foray into long exposure + darks...

thanks! you posted this sub of 800x533, is that what you shot or did ukastronomers.com change the dimensions? sorry for the questions but I am contemplating my first foray into long exposure + darks...

Nah mate the original was 3888 X 2596 (or so) about 10Mb I just shrunk it so it wouldn't take forever to load. I took all of the subs at that size in Raw then convert them to 16bit tiffs for processing. Hope that helps - no probs with the questions - fire away! :angry:

Thanks! I am planning on doing some afocal shots of globs, I don't have a DSLR. But I can shoot in RAW and up to 64 seconds so it sounds doable. I don't see any amp glow on your sub at all, very clean and smooth.

Archived