SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pacman project

jaspalchadha

Hello due to poor weather and work commitments this is rather slow. I'll look to add SII and OII

Pac Man Nebula Located 9,200 light years away in the constellation Cassiopeia

Large lanes of obscuring gas and dust, and dense knots of dust and gas in which stars may still be forming. The open cluster of stars IC 1590 visible around the centre has formed only in the last few million years

https://flic.kr/p/yW7Xd4 better res

Taken from London UK

Date: 7th and 8th Oct 2015

Skywatcher Espirt 100ED Telescope

QHY9S MONO CCD

Chroma 3nm Ha Filter 9 x 1200 seconds

Ioptron CEM60 Mount

4ec740b196d6ce0efbc3afc69d94c01d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks very good so far - small pin-pointy stars :-)  Interesting that you're using a 3nM Chroma filter, not many users of those around. Are the other channels also going to be 3nM Chroma? Just asking because today I took delivery of a set of NB Chroma filters so I haven't been able to use them yet.

ChrisH

Looks very good so far - small pin-pointy stars :-) Interesting that you're using a 3nM Chroma filter, not many users of those around. Are the other channels also going to be 3nM Chroma? Just asking because today I took delivery of a set of NB Chroma filters so I haven't been able to use them yet.

ChrisH

What band did you go for

Guess we the only two in the UK

A select group :-)  But maybe there will be more since Bernard has taken the dealership on. Trouble is, they aren't that cheap so have to compete head on with Astrodon. They are significantly more expensive than Baader or Astronomic for example, but a little less than Astrodons. However potential customers may not feel like 'taking the risk' of going with Chroma when it's not such a big step up (?) to Astrodon for which there are many exisitng excellent reports and recommendations. Chroma badly need some good reviews if they are to sell many (on the other hand, the might not really care because most of their business is corporate/industrial sector).

ChrisH

Archived