Narrowband

100 brightest nebula chart

bomberbaz

I found this after noticing reference to it on another members signature. It is what is says it is, a guide to the 100 brightest nebula although I think the results are a little subjective. 

Anyway, it gives anyone looking to start out a decent list to go for and according to the author, is ok to go for from light polluted skies. I have to say I am slightly dubious about that claim from my own perspective although that said, I have not tried for a lot of these so maybe its time I gave it a bash.

There is one prerequisite to going for this list other than a scope and that is having an OIII filter. Mine is a baader and has served me very well. I believe makes such as lumicon and Astonomik have a narrower light pass and so are more effective.

Anyway, the list can be found here, happy hunting. http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/317204-100-brightest-planetary-nebulae-spreadsheet/

Steve

Archived