SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Fuzzy Images

Hello All,

I have a Clestron Omni XLT 150. Looking at Jupiter, Mars and Saturn is am experimenting with diffrent lenes. I have used the Barlow X2 with diffrent lens configurations for viewing from the 32mm to the 6mm. I know that the Barlow will effectivly take the 32 to 16 etc. My problem is that nothing comes in clear. Really fuzzy.  I can see colors from the planets, but with no clarity......What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

The 150XLT was my first scope and I loved it. I got great views of Jupiter and Saturn especially. What eyepiece are you using to view the planets? You might be using a little too much magnification. I'd say about x170 to x200 is definitely your max here.

Either that or your Collimation is out.

Barry

It's highly likely your view is affected seriously by the seeing conditions. Those targets are low in the sky right now before daylight and thus subject to a lot of atmospheric interference. It may not be a function of your kit at all but you would be wise to check collimation as suggested.

I have not done commulation on my scope. (Another thing to learn).  Yes these planets are low in the sky and now that you mention that, we more than likly have smoke from the California fires distorting things a bit.

I have not been out in the evenings much yet to play with the scope. Mostly early mornings.

The lenses that I have used are from 32mm down to 6mm with varialtions inbetween with and without the barlow lens.

Thanks for the Help!!!!

Archived