SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon by Eos M and Skywatcher mak 127

Graphic

Hi.

Thank you for all the feedback so far. It is much appreciated.

When I took this shot I was in a bit of a hurry, so did not concentrate to much on framing the shot to well. The scope was mounted on a Manfrotto tripod, so not as stable as I would have liked it to be. I am sure with a little more time to set up with a more stable platform, I could get a better shot.

I am happy with the shot here though, i still think I was fortunate to get this shot. I also think the 32mm projection eyepiece is not a great performer.

Thanks.

You probably could have got the same image without the use of the eyepiece. The sensor is the same size as that used by the DSLR APS-C Eos cameras so the half moon should fit nicely on the sensor (rotate the camera to portrait mode).  http://www.12dstring.me.uk/fov.htm

I was thinking this too.  If the sensor is the same size as the APS-C cameras then if you put the camera directly onto the visual back using the T2 adaptor the image should almost fill the sensor.  When there's a full Moon near perigee it's tight, but it will just fit.

James

Archived