Hello from a new old astronomy follower

Iridum

Hi I'm Andy,

had a lecture from Sir Patrick Moore when I was 15, a lot of time has flown by since then as I have now retired, at least I do not need as much sleep at night. Have always been interested in astronomy and have had a few small telescopes and a lot of binoculars. I have joined my local society and own a Nexstar SE6. Most questions regarding astronomy I have searched on the internet have let to SGL, so I thought it is about time I joined.

Looking forward to being involved.

Andy

Hi Andy, nice story. It took me a while to notice that every book I picked up on astronomy when I was 12 wwere written by the same man, Sir PM! I too seemed to get led here every time I googled something...unlike you though I do need to sleep! Best of luck

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. As a boy, I remember saving up my pocket money to buy the Observers Book of Astronomy (1965 edition) which of course was written by Sir Patrick. Its a little dog-eared now and with my rekindled interest in astronomy, its so interesting to read it again and see how far we have come. Enjoy your stargazing.

Archived