Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Classifieds

Tris707

Welcome to SGL. As said, you need 50 posts to access the classifieds for buying, 250 to sell stuff. This is to ensure people don't just join to buy or sell stuff, and to ensure a degree of confidence between buyer and seller. The aim is also to ward off dealers who might want to snap up cheap stuff to sell on at a profit.

In the mean time you can use ABS-UK

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I need a scope to get back into the hobby but really don't want to have to get something off Ebay, I can't afford to go new for what I'm looking for (6 inch/ 1000-1200 refractor) so I am reliant on your classified section- I understand the 50 posts stipulation but for the life of me I can't think of 50 questions to ask! Im not much of an internet guy so sadly I can't foresee me posting 50 posts for a long time! 

Is there any other proof I can use to demonstrate I'm an enthusiast and not a 'dodgy dealer'?

Tris

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I need a scope to get back into the hobby but really don't want to have to get something off Ebay, I can't afford to go new for what I'm looking for (6 inch/ 1000-1200 refractor) so I am reliant on your classified section- I understand the 50 posts stipulation but for the life of me I can't think of 50 questions to ask! Im not much of an internet guy so sadly I can't foresee me posting 50 posts for a long time!

Is there any other proof I can use to demonstrate I'm an enthusiast and not a 'dodgy dealer'?

Tris

Why not comment on peoples images or say hi to others. The post count soon builds and we get to build a picture of you.

Hi Tris,

I need a scope to get back into the hobby but really don't want to have to get something off Ebay, I can't afford to go new for what I'm looking for (6 inch/ 1000-1200 refractor) so I am reliant on your classified section

You are not solely reliant on the SGL classifieds, try UKAstroBuySell as has already been suggested.  It's a great place for buying and selling 2nd hand kit.  Don't use Ebay.

Carole 

re the fast way to add contributions to the forum; you could always check out books to consider, following purchases for a scope, any known or recognised issues etc.  Also simply joining in the conversation will soon see you right.  Welcome!

michael

Tris

Sorry if our rules re: access to the classifieds seem onerous but they are there for good reason so we ask all our members to respect them.

As has been said, you can use the UK Astro Buy & Sell website to find used equipment and you can place a "wanted" advert there. It's a good place to buy and sell used astro equipment and many of us make extensive use of it.

Meanwhile please join in any discussion threads that appeal to you on the forum and feel free to start new ones to gain more information on the equipment choices that are available - there are many more options around today than there were a few years back so the more info you have the better prepared you are to spot something nice when it comes up for sale :smiley:

Archived