Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Tim99

Lunar Eclipse Sept. 27 (Should be a dandy!)

Ok so we are on the ward waiting for our baby to be induced and blimey Charlie the windows are facing SW. Thats the right direction isn't it? What a night I'm in for!

• Like 1

You should be ok with SW. Hope all goes well. I think there's another Super Moon Eclipse in 2033 when he'll be 18, bet he'll want to see it. :)

Well I"m setup on Dunraven Beach (Southerndown)  in the Vale of Glamorgan...

7DII  with 600/f4L on the NEQ-6 all setup and tracking...

5D Iii with various lens options on a Static tripod..

• Like 1

Ok so we are on the ward waiting for our baby to be induced and blimey Charlie the windows are facing SW. Thats the right direction isn't it? What a night I'm in for!

Congratulations Dave ..... one giant step for you and one giant leap for the Mrs :laugh:

Well I"m setup on Dunraven Beach (Southerndown)  in the Vale of Glamorgan...

7DII  with 600/f4L on the NEQ-6 all setup and tracking...

5D Iii with various lens options on a Static tripod..

I have set the alarm for 2:30am. The Moon is looking fab here I just hope it stays clear for the duration.

Good luck for the event :laugh:

Forecast looking ok in King's Lynn. Alarm set for 01:30.  Plan to go to quayside where clear south and west horizon. Might struggle a bit at work tomorrow!

Added a 1.4x extender II into them mix so filling the frame nicely... tracking is good ant in camera intervalometer is all pogrammed up...

Think I might shoot manual exposure...

Peter 

• Like 1

Im laying on my bed (im under doctors orders not to be sitting for very long). Got a nice clear view of the moon. Just hope i dont fall asleep.

Added a 1.4x extender II into them mix so filling the frame nicely... tracking is good ant in camera intervalometer is all pogrammed up...

Think I might shoot manual exposure...

Peter

Looking forward to seeing them :)

The thin high clouds taking the edge off them at the moment... Working at 1344mm EFL with a fairly stiff breeze...

Glad I booked tomorrow off...

I'm siting in the Disco watching the kit,  listening to Holst's  Planet Suite , various owls hooting and foxes calling... and planes taking off from Cardiff climbing out overhead...

Clouds zipping through and looks clear behind...

Good luck with the Eclipse everyone  :)

Peter

The thin high clouds taking the edge off them at the moment... Working at 1344mm EFL with a fairly stiff breeze...

Glad I booked tomorrow off...

I'm siting in the Disco watching the kit,  listening to Holst's  Planet Suite , various owls hooting and foxes calling... and planes taking off from Cardiff climbing out overhead...

Clouds zipping through and looks clear behind...

Good luck with the Eclipse everyone   :)

Peter

I'm still indoors but heading off  to my site in about half an hour. Just got bins, camera and 70-200mm on a tripod (plus warm coat). Good luck to you too.

Started the evening by watching the Moon rise over the North Sea. I had hoped for a more dramatic foreground but a few gulls did oblige in one of the frames. There is high cloud here in North East Lincolnshire but the Moon is still shining through them.

post-2461-0-52548000-1443398036_thumb.jp

post-2461-0-82781800-1443398057_thumb.jp

post-2461-0-23823500-1443398104_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Just done an early meridian flip, changed the batteries in the grip and set a 2 min interval on the timer...

Breeze has picked up so turned the IS on as well... works on a tripod with this lens...

Good luck everyone...

Peter...

Sounds highly organised! I am struggling against the dozies and wondering what I will feel like at work later today. All very damp out there and still quite a long wait ahead.

I'm just finishing a bottle of wine here. It's still a very nice night for lunar eclipse observing :smiley:

I guess the action will have started around an hour from now ?

• Like 1

The North-East is beginning to dim. Nice. In 10 minutes the Moon will begin to move in the umbra. I'd better go out again!

Definitely darkening to limb now, though no colour shift discernible in my APT view yet..

Very clear outside and something starting to happen. Observing with my Apolllo 15x70's. Have a great night/morning everybody :-)

Cheers,

Steve

Now in progress, really clear here, I've also managed to get my capture working, though I'm typing this with crossed fingers.

Good luck and Clear Skies to all.

And for those still asleep its time to get up!

Cheers,

Fondofchips.

This is going to be a great event !!! :grin: