SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A break in the clouds

alxxx

well i saw my chance and took it, the clouds cleared and the sky was darker than it has been of late, so i got out the scope and had some pretty good views and saw a very bright iridium flare as well as M27 (got to see the dumbell shape this time :) ), M31/32/110 , Perseus double cluster, M15, NGC 6934, the clouds had started to come back by now but i just managed to get my first view of Mars this year, it wasn't a brilliant view as it was through clouds and was still quite low down ( my house is in an old quarry) but i could see its not full yet, and maybe the polar cap, and then just to finish off a quick skim across the moon , again through the clouds, so all in all i had a pretty good session, any one else have any luck?

AL

PS this isn't in the right section is it :oops:

Hi James not trying to rub it in but the clouds have gone again and i,m trying a bit of EP projection, the moons looking good, not so happy with Mars, going to keep on trying ( as long as the batteries hold out)

AL

a quick shot of the moon, i havn't done anything to it, and my EP prjection set up is me standing at the scope holding my old HP 620 very still and hopeing i dont move :)

moon29.jpg

AL

Hi Al,

Don't worry about rubbing it in.....just glad someone managed to get out. Sounds like you had a blinder as well. It's great the skies are now getting darker too.

Just a shame those clouds couldn't hold off a bit longer so you could grab a better view of Mars.

But it sounded like a good night, which is great.

Russ

Must be so nice to get out with the scope... it was clear here (very clear) last night till about midnight - but had other things going on.

Sound like you had a blast Al. You lucky sod!

Ant

Good going, Al.

It was pretty clear for me, but had the family round. Buggers didn't leave till gone 1am, and I was to knackered to set up then.

Not happy :x

Still, possibility that the w/e may give me a chance!

Hope you had a good night :)

yes i was lucky , i also manged to view the Pleiades between the clouds (reminds me winters on its way) , but that was the last thing i viewed,

so all in all i had a good session, whish you all luck for the weekend.

AL

Hey nice one James, I took quite a few shots last night at different mags, most came out blurred because i couldn't stand still enough :) ,

I also managed to get a shot of the pleiades with the web cam just to see if it would, got 5 stars :shock: .

I am debating now weather to try with my slr (praktica MTL5) or sell that and get a better digital cam :?

AL

Archived