Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Upcoming free weekend...

amgray04

Hello all! I am hoping to have a free weekend in October to go out to Lakenheath Fen for some stargazing. I've been out before and it's not a terrible dark site, but far from best. Nonetheless, looking to team up with ppl as I am new to the hobby and always enjoy the company. Anyone interested or have a better spot idea please let me know. Will update very soon with specific date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not been to Lakenheath fen, though it's not far from Newmarket where I work. Is it not impacted by the RAF / USAF base? I've heard good things about Wicken Fen, about 20 minutes from Lakenheath, though never observed from there myself.

When are you planning? I guess new moon time is around 13th or so.

Paul

Wicken Fen is also very good. It is also much closer to me than LF [emoji3]. The LP from the bases isn't that bad either, there are some homes near the entrance to the fen, but around 2300 most of the home lights go off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived