Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Hello,

This is my first Milky Way timelapse :)

Canon eos 1200d with kit lens 18-55mm.
Made 212 shots at 25s exporsure iso 3200.
  • Like 10

Fantastic. There are a lot of posts on here that say the canon 1200d is not great for astrophotograpy but that looks pretty good to me.

Well done! Nice.

What's that white thing in the lower righthand corner ? 

Thank you, It's observatory :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BabyPepper
      Connecting the corona to the photoshphere and chromosphere.

http://www.bbso.njit.edu/  November 15th News.  Nov 15, 2019: Formation of solar spicules and subsequent coronal heating unveiled

Link to big bear observatory nov 15th movie capture http://www.bbso.njit.edu/scinews/LayeredMovie.mp4   <

A side note here, linking back to my own thread linking the photosphere to the chromorosphere and also apparently the zone of ionization where calcium atoms become singly ionized..    

Dutch open telescope Calcium line 397nm                                                  Apollo Lasky Hydrogen Line 656nm
           <br>     
    • By BabyPepper
      160mm x 1600mm + Lunt LS50C etalon.
      Thanks for looking!
            <br>    

• By smisy
      I just try to show the beauty of the night sky, and again the possibilities with a smartphone. There are already better applications at the google play to make the night lapse easy. At first I used the Gif maker pro. It's a good app to edit the frames, before creating video, but you can't save the videos in good quality. Now I use the TimeLab app (same developer, as Intervalometer app), in the editing it has not so many options, but with this app you can save the videos in 4K too, or full HD. This video is 360 frames (each 30 sec exposition at ISO 800) Huawei P10 monochrome camera, Intervalometer app, TimeLab app. Pictures taken in Kleinwalsertal, Austria 2019. 09. 23-24.  (The video is full HD, I don't know, why, but it doesn't run continuesly on my PC, when I watch that back on SGL. I hope, on your monitors you can enjoy it!)
      VID_timelab_20190924054735.mp4 VID_timelab_20190924054735.mp4
    • By LR Watanabe
      I’m looking to do Milky Way Astrophotography, and I’m hesitating on whether I purchase the Full Frame camera that is the 5D Mark II or the APS-C EOS 600D.
      I plan on using the Rokinon/Samyang 14mm F/2.8 wide angle lens, although I’m open to suggestions so long as said suggested lens is under 500$.
      The mount I use will be the iOptron SkyGuider Pro with the counter weight supplies in the set.
      If there is an alternative to the cameras listed above that goes for less then 400$, I’m willing to hear it.

Thanks a bundle,
      Leon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.