SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lodestar Live User Guide

HiloDon

Hi All,

Here is an updated LL user guide.  The updates include a procedure to fine tune your mount alignment using the Lodestar by Alex Parker and a section on fast stacking by Martin Meredith.  Thanks to both of them for their contributions.

If a Mod sees this, I think it would be helpful to have this update posted in the original post so it doesn't get lost down here.  Thanks for pinning the thread.

Don

Lodestar Live User Guide v1.1.pdf

• Like 5

Hi All,

Here is an updated LL user guide.  The updates include a procedure to fine tune your mount alignment using the Lodestar by Alex Parker and a section on fast stacking by Martin Meredith.  Thanks to both of them for their contributions.

If a Mod sees this, I think it would be helpful to have this update posted in the original post so it doesn't get lost down here.  Thanks for pinning the thread.

Don

attachicon.gifLodestar Live User Guide v1.1.pdf

Don,

Thank you for this. It may also make sense to mention the SX Ultrastar cameras in the guide as well since they are also supported now. Not sure if you were already thinking about doing this in a subsequent version.

Hiten

Don,

Thank you for this. It may also make sense to mention the SX Ultrastar cameras in the guide as well since they are also supported now. Not sure if you were already thinking about doing this in a subsequent version.

Hiten

Hi Hiten,

I am receiving an Ultrastar later this week and will be testing it during the new moon phase, probably with a Ultrastar - Lodestar shootout included. Once I get more familiar with it, I will update the guide accordingly. I would also like to add the multi-spectral imaging capability as well. I don't think that version has been fully released by Paul yet.

Any suggestions on additions to the guide will be appreciated.

Don

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Nicely done manual, Don.  It's very clear and concise.  I'm new to the Ultrastar and Starlight Live.  Even with the newer version 3.0, it's still pretty relevant.  I have a good idea now how things are supposed to work.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 28/10/2015 at 23:49, HiloDon said:

Hi Hiten,

I am receiving an Ultrastar later this week and will be testing it during the new moon phase, probably with a Ultrastar - Lodestar shootout included. Once I get more familiar with it, I will update the guide accordingly. I would also like to add the multi-spectral imaging capability as well. I don't think that version has been fully released by Paul yet.

Any suggestions on additions to the guide will be appreciated.

Don

Multi spectral imaging sounds interesting! Where can I find that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...