Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Veil, the whole Veil and nothing but the Veil

r3i

That is a very detailed image. I think the stars may be slightly too heavily processed.  Maybe a touch less would be good but it might just be the compression on the forum- not sure.

For what it's worth I agree.  To me looks ever so slightly over sharpened (but I am no astro imaging expert!!).

However, I do love seeing the veil in wide field.  Looks like it blew apart just yesterday. 

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for all your comments and compliments - much appreciated

Very Nice.

Add to it with some 10 mins subs to get some of the fainter parts?

If I did get a set of 10 minute subs, how should they be integrated with what I already have?  e.g. merged as a separate layer in PS or some other technique?

That is a very detailed image. I think the stars may be slightly too heavily processed.  Maybe a touch less would be good but it might just be the compression on the forum- not sure.

Yes I always seem to get stars like that - I'll be the first to admit that I kind of fumble around in PS :smile:  The honest truth is that I don't specifically process the stars so they just turn out as they do.  Any pointers on how to process stars?  I'm currently reading Wodaski's Zone System book and it looks like I maybe need to separate the stars onto a layer of their own and process them differently to the nebulosity? Always lots to learn :smile:

Archived