SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Explorer 300p prime focus imaging problems

Hi can anybody help? I have just read an artical on the explorer 300p and its problem with prime focus imaging in this months sky at night magazine. I was wondering if anybody has had the same problem with the skyliner 300p and if so has anybody got any ideas on how to get over the problem. I have been thinking about doing some astrophotography and was hoping to use my 300p.

Thanks Dean

I think you are right. I think i will give optical vision a call tomorrow and see what they have to say. My ideas have been to buy a eq6 pro to use with the 300p. Do you think this is a good idea or would it be better to spend that money on a new scope just for astrophography?

I'm no expert mate but I suspect learning to image with a 12" f5 Newt would be "challenging" to say the least. You might be better of keeping it as a Dob for visual and getting a HEQ5 and small Apo refractor for imaging.

Archived