Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another lousy night last night

nightfisher

I set my TAL/EQ5 up last night with good views to the south south east....................and i am ashamed to say i could not find any thing, well i managed Alcor/Mizor, that proves i remembered to take lens cap off lol !

I planned to observe M5 and M13 but oh no, not a blinking sign of them, realy need to stick with observing big things likw the Moon and planets, i think i could still find the Moon (maybe)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that.

Different set of circumstances for myself in that I felt lousy (full of cough n cold) but took off anyhow to a dark site taking my 8" scope with clear skies till midnight.

Sometimes you kind of find that you have to muddle through, particularly if you hadn't been able to go observing for a while. At one point last night I packed up when the cloud rolled in thinking that was the end. Then it cleared so I piled everything out again. Glad I did.

Good luck next time.

Managed Albireo, M13, M15, and M57 from Kelling Heath last night in a very short session before complete cloud cover came in.I should have had atleast 40 minutes more, but I wandered over to the Blue Butterfly section where the owner of the same Dob as myself had carried out some interesting mods about which I wanted details. That is the great thing about a star party, if seeing is not possible, then talking Astronomy with kindred spirits is almost as good.

I must say though that the previous evening was excellent. :smiley:

I set my TAL/EQ5 up last night with good views to the south south east....................and i am ashamed to say i could not find any thing, well i managed Alcor/Mizor, that proves i remembered to take lens cap off lol !

I planned to observe M5 and M13 but oh no, not a blinking sign of them, realy need to stick with observing big things likw the Moon and planets, i think i could still find the Moon (maybe)

Are you sure you were looking south south east  :p

Sorry couldn't resist.

I'll get my coat.

Archived