SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC6888: Crescent & Soap bubble revisited (130pds)

Uranium235

Righty ho! Ive now been able to push this one to 5 hours (20x900s) in an attempt to get that soap bubble - which I think ive just about got to the stage where it can be picked out without hunting for it. The added bonus being that the crescent (the easy bit...lol) has cleaned up nicely, but it needed a couple of layer masks to stop it burning (as usual!).

Great part is... it wasnt even supposed to be clear tonight! :) So i'll take anything thats a "freebie".

While I'm here I will drop in the 130pds 2014-15 showcase vid I put together earlier on (as seen in the 130pds imaging thread).

NGC6888: Crescent and Soap Bubble

20x900 (Ha) 1x1 bin

130pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6, MPCC MkIII

Calib: Flats and Bias

Thanks for looking :)

21340817266_15dc49c06e_h.jpg

130pds Showcase 2014-15:

Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hydrogenalpha/

Fantastic pic!.  And having never heard of the soap bubble, think it will be my next target.  Your patience has paid off there. Yep, forecast was wrong tonight, but by the time I noticed was already encamped on the sofa with better half and Vikings. 

Thanks guys :)

I'll probably have a bash at grabbing some OIII next, but the forecast is looking a little patchy for the next few days. Unfortunately there is no shortcut where I can 2x bin it, since the OIII on this carries some structure.

Cheers Martyn, just looking out the window now I can finally see gaps in the cloud (yay!), but I'll probably wait until Tuesday as might be the next clear slot. So... a new project or grab some OIII?..hmmmm.. :rolleyes:

Oh, and here is the soapy bit (in case somebody cant pick it out) :)

post-5513-0-30655400-1442174727_thumb.jp

Archived