Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It's IC1396 Jim... but not as we know it! (130pds)

Uranium235

While waiting for tonights data on the Bubble, I've been messing about with some of last years data to come up with a starless version. Features really stand out when the stars are removed, but in this case I left the garnet star in place since it would be just too difficult to remove.

I'll probably do the same thing to the bubble once its done, as an alternate version. Perhaps then I can go back to that Crescent project I was working on a few weeks ago.... :rolleyes:

21305877995_c24b71ab06_h.jpg

Always nice to see an alternative take on DSOs. What software did you use please?

It was the J P Metsavainio star removal action for Ps, it can be found here:

http://astroanarchy.blogspot.co.uk/2008/11/star-removal-ps-action.html

This is an excellent image :)

Can you remember any of the capture details for the original image? (eg is it a mosaic?)

Yep, this was a four pane mosaic consisting of three hours per pane in Ha. Hopefully I will get to add some OIII one day, maybe and maybe even some more Ha to clean it up further (but any improvement would only be minimal).

Archived