Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leo Triplet - 02/05/08

Paxo

Struggled with this one a bit due to very heavy light pollution to the SW (Gateshead and Newcastle) and relatively poor seeing conditions with a light high cloud rolling in.

Managed to get 8 (5 minute) subs using a Canon 40D (with Clip CLS filter) through WO FLT110, guided using Meade DSI II through WO Megrez 72, using PhD through GPUSB interface to EQ6 Pro before the cloud finally rolled in.

Struggled with processing due to increasing pollution/influence of cloud, please feel free to comment. On the positive side, very pleased with the guiding aspects and the Canon 40D. Must try and concentrate on objects nearer the Zenith I think. Anyway, at least you can make out what it is and under the conditions I suppose I am reasonably happy with the result.

Regards

Steve

[edit] Just realised that I'd made a major c**k up in the processing, added a re-work of the data and removed the original.

Steve

post-13953-133877341257_thumb.jpg

Archived