May I introduce myself

gooselk

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.

I just unboxed my new SW150PDS and instantly fell in love with it :D As usual when buying new gear, clouds thicken ;) So the next days of cloudy weather are on me!

Clear skies ... Lars

Welcome to SGL Lars.

I have just come back from Germany, I was there for a week on business down in the Lake Constantine area (nearby to Markdorf), I have to say that the skies are very nice down there.

If where you live is near there then you are lucky to have access to lovely dark skies.

Welcome again,

Ant

Thanks Ant!

I have just come back from Germany, I was there for a week on business down in the Lake Constantine area (nearby to Markdorf), I have to say that the skies are very nice down there.

Unfortunately I do not live near Lake Constance. I do live just north of the Harz mountainrange. The area between and around Torfhaus and Sankt Andreasberg is, according to this map, one - if not the - darkest area in north-western and central Germany. And although there is some driving involved I hope I can exploid the dark skies up there.

For now, as the skies are cloudy, I will set up the whole equipment and get it up and running (it once did but I played a lot with the EQMod simulator so not sure wheather the settings are still ok), practice the handling of all the software, put it back down and set it up again... I don't want to fiddle around with it in the cold and dark. I'm totally excited about what I will be able to do on the scopes first light :D

Clear skies ... Lars

Willkommen Lars,

No, I don't speak German, but I thought it would be nice to greet you in the language of the Country you live in.

Lars is Nordic, but common in German speaking countries too I gather.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your SGL experience, it is a very friendly forum, and should you need help and /or advice,

many will respond to you if you do need any help.

Best Wishes.

Ron.

Archived