UNTRACKED
2x 10 sec exposures 
ISO 800 
f1.8 
plus 2 dark frames at same exposure settings 
and 2 bias frames at 8000th sec 
camera cooled to around 10 degrees C 

Cassiopeia Widefield

I think you need to switch to a software package that supports a higher bit depth, your image is posterizing from the centre. (are you using 8-bit TIFFs, 16 or 32, I know, for example, that GIMP 2.8, Paint.NET don't support more than 8-bit but can open 16, Photoshop can open 16 and 32 but will downscale to 16 if you open 32 and GIMP 2.9 can open and modify 32-bit)

Other than that, you have done very well indeed, keep up the good work!

I think you need to switch to a software package that supports a higher bit depth, your image is posterizing from the centre. (are you using 8-bit TIFFs, 16 or 32, I know, for example, that GIMP 2.8, Paint.NET don't support more than 8-bit but can open 16, Photoshop can open 16 and 32 but will downscale to 16 if you open 32 and GIMP 2.9 can open and modify 32-bit)

Other than that, you have done very well indeed, keep up the good work!

thankyou =] 

it was a [removed word] up on my part i use photoshop cs 6 and deep sky stacker , but i used an artificial flat instead of the actual flat as my files were confused and my gamma on my monitor screen didnt show it up at the time , and realised when i got home , i edited it at 3 am so it was totally me being an tired idiot hahahah 

im going to correct it tomorrow 

thankyou xc

thankyou =] 

it was a [removed word] up on my part i use photoshop cs 6 and deep sky stacker , but i used an artificial flat instead of the actual flat as my files were confused and my gamma on my monitor screen didnt show it up at the time , and realised when i got home , i edited it at 3 am so it was totally me being an tired idiot hahahah 

im going to correct it tomorrow 

thankyou xc

sometimes if my flats arent powerful enough i will copy layer add a median then apply it over the original image and subtract to a threshhold of 35 pxls it is a RAW file converted to 16BIT and when my screen was turned down in the field i forgot to correct it on photoshop so it looked deep hahahah 

Archived