SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

untracked 50mm prime lens andromeda

Lewis Mark  Williams

Untracked Andromeda

Last night i shot some widefields 

my motor on my EQ mount is out of action so got mu regular Camera tripod and shot away whilst moving it ever so slightly towards RA 

wish i had more data but untracked was proving difficult =] 

20 lights @10 secs ISO800 f2

20darks @ same settings 

20 bias  @ 8000th sec ISO 800 

Not a bad effort considering the method used.

You also picked up Messier 110 as well by the looks of it.

It might be more beneficial to keep the tripod static and take lots of smaller exposure shots of a couple of seconds instead of moving it manually and trying for 10 seconds.

You will easily get more total exposure that way and can just recenter the target in between a group of exposures. with such short exposure times it wont take long to give it a test :smiley:

Nice result. Good suggestions from Rob. I do notice some distorted stars to the edges (coma rather than motion by the look of things). Stopping down a touch more can help, but of course further reduces the captured light

thankyou for that mate ! yeah ill consider going f4 next time on my 50mm and using more lights x thanks again ! 

Not a bad effort considering the method used.

You also picked up Messier 110 as well by the looks of it.

It might be more beneficial to keep the tripod static and take lots of smaller exposure shots of a couple of seconds instead of moving it manually and trying for 10 seconds.

You will easily get more total exposure that way and can just recenter the target in between a group of exposures. with such short exposure times it wont take long to give it a test :smiley:

thankyou very much i appreciate it ! =D hopefully will try and get the motor back on my EQ soon ! its driving me mad ! thanks again 

will try it tonight x

Archived