Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

cfpendock

M27 Too wide field

This is the first image for many months - M27 taken over two nights and comprising 16 x 5 minutes each of LRGB, all unguided.  The field of view is too wide for my tastes - I don’t find the star field is particularly interesting, hence the slightly over-saturated star colour.  

Better resolution and more details here: http://www.astrobin.com/full/208927/0/  

Criticisms welcome.

Chris

post-23286-0-36790600-1441650645_thumb.j

• Like 16

Not too wide for me, Chris. I love like wide-field shots such as these that really set off the DSO.

More please! 

Go well!

Jeremy

• Like 4

I find the wide view much more interesting so many images are ruined by over zelous cropping it never works in my opinion.

Alan

• Like 1

Very nice capture. It might be wide field but the detail on the nebula is still very good.

• Like 1

I like both close-up and widefield images of the same object. However, there is something rather wonderful about seeing an object such as this in the context of its surroundings - space is a big place and many of these objects are small so I see no problem with demonstrating their relative  'smallness'.

• Like 2

Thanks Auspom.

And thanks Steve - it's your fault I started this imaging game thanks to  my wife giving me your book some years ago......

Chris

And thanks Steve - it's your fault I started this imaging game thanks to  my wife giving me your book some years ago......

Sorry! :embarassed: :embarassed:  :grin: :grin:

really nice image. I keep meaning to image widefield, but for one reason or another (usually time & weather) I haven't.

Steve

Thanks Auspom.

Chris

+ 1

Cracking image just the way I like them especially when they are done to such a high standard......

That "Richards" character has a lot to answer for ...  He got me "hooked" even before he wrote THAT book :evil::grin:

Peter...

love it..... it has more context in wide field 

Thanks very much Peter, not so sure about the "high standard"......still lots to learn from you lot...

And thanks also whizzbang and Sarge.

Chris

Thanks very much Peter, not so sure about the "high standard"......still lots to learn from you lot...

And thanks also whizzbang and Sarge.

Chris

You have managed , nice star shape and colour plenty of detail in the neb even at this scale and the data has been  processed sympathetically......

I have only ever been really a journeyman  DSLR imager - and really I  am now a lapsed one even for that discipline so just thinking about getting back in the saddle again...

Peter...

• Like 1

That looks heaps good... if you want to have a tighter shot, just crop it...

• Like 1