Narrowband

Solar System Mosaic question.

MattJenko

How do people do their lunar/solar/planetary mosaics?

I have some panels which need manual alignment, as software such as MS ICE etc can't do it. Just wondered what other alignment tools people use, as at the moment, it is looking like manually aligning/scaling in Photoshop, which is a bit daunting for the number of frames I am contemplating,

Thanks

Matt

I use mainly Photoshops 'photomerge' option which is under the 'File' drop down menu and then under the 'Automate' selection you should see the photomerge option.

Click on that then load your images when prompted choose 'Blend images together' and let it do it's thing.

It doesn't always work and if it doesn't I use ICE as a back up and if that wont work then I try the free Autostitch software.

If all that doesn't work then I set to cropping the pics and hope it will eventually stick.

Mosaics are not always a success but that is what I do at least so hopefully you can find a way that works for you.

ICE works well with images from the same mosaic, although I find that it is not as good as managing the borders as the tools in PixInsight for that. I have frames taken at very different times which it cannot cope with, as the rotation is different etc. This is from an attempt to do colour filters at different times (due to cloud) etc.

Cheers

Matt

Archived