Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Dave In Vermont

Total Lunar Eclipse - September 28th

Greetings my fellow Lunatics,

I bring you here a link to a Pdf. showing when & where a total eclipse of the Moon will be going on up above:

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEplot/LEplot2001/LE2015Sep28T.pdf

Looks to be a good one as it will be visible to a great many location in both the Eastern and Western hemisphere.

Getting my straight-jacket from the cleaners,

Dave

post-38438-0-95970400-1441497831_thumb.j

• Like 5

Some info on what to look out for during the eclipse and times of the eclipse from the UK are available here: https://britastro.org/node/6660

This is the first total eclipse visible in its entirety from the UK since early 2008. I remember that one well as it was clear the whole time from my location.

Jeremy

• Like 2

Excellent.  I shall certainly try to see this if the weather plays ball.

James

Thanks Dave and Jeremy - definitely worth staying up for if the weather looks reasonable. Will have to dust the dslr down :-)

• Like 1

We'll have all our noses pointing in the same direction.

Gonna give it a go whatever the weather unless its a complete right off. As long as there are some gaps there should be some decent viewing/imaging opportunities. 

• Like 1

The European weather model (ECMWF) is showing a big fat high pressure system of 1030mb over the UK and Ireland next Sunday night / Mon morning.

The American GFS weather model keeps changing it's mind. It previously had a high pressure system over the UK and Ireland but now shows a low in the Atlantic affecting western areas with the clearest conditions towards the far east.

Still too far away to be sure what the outcome is going to be.