Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

vdb

SH2-129 DSLR +CCD OIII

Very nice. Something different and interesting going on across the full framing. Nice

Well, Yves, thanks to using your camera and your OIII filter I was able to collect the 24x30 mins of OIII which make the Squid visible! I think my thanks go to you. And I felt pretty pleased with what I got out of the OIII but I think you've probably extracted more.

Olly

That looks great - I like that and the squid in there really makes it something special. Thank Yves :)

Incredible imaging there Yves - even if you had to get some outside help :smiley:

Incredible imaging there Yves - even if you had to get some outside help :smiley:

Not really outside help. Yves is on the inside here! I used his kit and a mount he set up and I followed his conviction that very long subs would work.

Olly

For a minute I thought the Squid had been done with a DSLR!   Then I read it carefully and realised it was 12 hours of OIII using a CCD.

A great looking result in any case.

Mark

Wow, that's a beauty, lovely rich star field with good colour in the stars and some lovely nebulosity throughout. Well done. 

This is a wonderful image.

But I think there would be a lot more detail in The Squid if Olly had used a sensitive Sony chipped camera (and an Astrodon 3nm filter).  :evil:

(see the thread  http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/246170-is-cmos-rather-than-ccd-the-future/page-4?hl=%2Bolly#entry2752941

My money's on the Astrodon, Julian! I hope Tom's reading this because it's his turn to buy an Astrodon for our rig!!!

:grin: lly