Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

abodee2

Hi from Edinburgh

Hi SGL i'm Ali,

A friend of mine was really into astrophotography and a couple years ago showed me amazing images of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and some DSO's - ever since then i've been dying to get into it but never had the time. Now that I've got the time I'm really excited and It looks like there are plenty of really friendly, helpful people here. I've been into amateur photography for a long time and science which sparked my interest in astronomy and astrophotography. Can't wait to get started! Hoping for clear weather soon, but what are the odds of that in Scotland?  :tongue:

Cheers,

:cool:

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. There certainly have not been many clear skies down Glasgow way recently.

Hi there and welcome to SGL if going down the dark side route try reading Every Photon Counts several times could save you a lot of money and hassle.

Hi, Ali, from farther up the east coast.

Be prepared for some frustration with the weather ... but, most important, have fun doing what you're doing.

• Like 1

Hi Ali and welcome to SGL from another astrophotographer!

Look forward to seeing you around ;)

Hi Ali and welcome to the forum. +1 for getting hold of a copy of Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards which will help you understand what you will need to get started and to also understand some of the complexities involved.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

• Like 1

Hi Ali,

Welcome to the lounge, yep know what you mean about the weather, astronomers curse, still we live in hope. There,s some decent skies down galloway, and a really 1st class star camp round november time, enjoy your viewing.

Jim

Hi  & welcome to SGL  , From another astrophotographer , also from the Borders,  about 35 miles south of Auld Reekie

Dave.

Edited by Epicyclus Dave

Hi Ali and welcome to SGL, you will find plenty of information on Astrophotography in the imaging sections, although some basic photography can be done on a limited budget, to become involved in the subject, with all the essential gear, be prepared to have very deep pockets, enjoy the forum :)