SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Edinburgh

abodee2

Hi SGL i'm Ali,

A friend of mine was really into astrophotography and a couple years ago showed me amazing images of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and some DSO's - ever since then i've been dying to get into it but never had the time. Now that I've got the time I'm really excited and It looks like there are plenty of really friendly, helpful people here. I've been into amateur photography for a long time and science which sparked my interest in astronomy and astrophotography. Can't wait to get started! Hoping for clear weather soon, but what are the odds of that in Scotland?  :tongue:

Cheers,

:cool:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ali,

Welcome to the lounge, yep know what you mean about the weather, astronomers curse, still we live in hope. There,s some decent skies down galloway, and a really 1st class star camp round november time, enjoy your viewing.

Jim

Hi Ali and welcome to SGL, you will find plenty of information on Astrophotography in the imaging sections, although some basic photography can be done on a limited budget, to become involved in the subject, with all the essential gear, be prepared to have very deep pockets, enjoy the forum :)

Archived