Narrowband

My new scope

philj

Sometime back I built a 1/5th scale model of my Celestron CGE1100XLT, since then I sold the OTA and replaced it with my Meade 127ED Triplet, superb scope.

Ive been meaning to make a model of the new scope since but never got round to it until todays rainy bank holiday. A few bits of brass and an hour or 2 on the lathe and I now have a scale model of the 127EDT on the CGE.

Yeah I know its sad but its a bloke thing smile.png

Still got a final polish to do and maybe take a bit more metal out of it to give the counterweights a chance to balance, brass is heavy man biggrin.png but I done it now. So once its polished it can take pride of place on the shelf where it came from and gather dust for another 6 years or so biggrin.png

post-2283-0-34478300-1441049516_thumb.jp

Thanks folks.mcolbert, I think this comes from being an airfix fan in my younger days, its difficult to get out your system and brass and ali on the kathe have taken the place of plastic and glue nowadays :-)

Thanks folks I like it. Its now back on the bookshelf in pride of place.

Sorry John, I dont have the patience to do these en masse. I did this to give me a bit of practice on the lathe etc ready for a new project and because I was bored on a wet bank holiday :-)

Thanks folks.mcolbert, I think this comes from being an airfix fan in my younger days, its difficult to get out your system and brass and ali on the kathe have taken the place of plastic and glue nowadays :-)

aaargh!!! another one!   We never escape it! :)

michael

Archived