Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M44 - the Beehive

jgs001

I think your 140mm pencil is suffering very slightly from a vignetting problem that drawing a flat might resolve but not sure how you would subtract it ...... Nicely caught though, I admire your patience

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention, this was taken afocally using a 17mm Hyperion with a mk1 eyeball attachment on the 80SLT. :angry:

RH thanks for the inversion, didn't even occur to me, something to take note of for the next go, and the sharpening will definitely be useful, the pencil is looking a little less pointy. :(

Steve, taking the flat is easy, you're right staking it could be hard.

Steve, I think RH did the dark work for me...

An excellent result.

Those HB jobs can be a bit of a handful when trying to achieve sharp focus. I hear there's a De Luxe version in the pipeline fitted with a rubberized correction module on the blunt end! More expence,where will it end! :angry:

Cheers

CW

Thanks, CW, I'll have to rush out and get me one of them de luxe ones now... Where did I put the "black hole" credit card. Thanks Matt, whilst the nexstar alignment was so far out (even when it said "Alignment Successful") it wouldn't goto what I told it to, it tracked just fine.

Archived