Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Farewell.... 80ED :(

Uranium235

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reflectors Rule!

Now then :D ... lets not start that battle eh? But they are rather good ;)

Fantastic collection of images... 

Feels like losing a body part selling that scope, doesn't it?

Is it possible to get emotional over the loss (well... not a loss as such) of a trusted telescope? Im thinking "yes", but i'll be patient and wait for another - a bit like when you've just been dumped..lol. It seems like the end of the world, but something better is always just around the corner.

Good News Scott, a lottery win has materialised, bad news is, it's 

it was only three correct numbers. I get  £25.

We'll keep trying mate.

Do that every week Ron and its a nice bit of pocket money :)

Sara, Scott, Steve.... very kind words indeed :)

But I do have to credit the kind folks of SGL for passing on the knowledge in the first place - Peter (in the early days), Dennis (who hasnt been on for years, but taught me high pass), Olly (a goldmine of information), Sara (for her ususual colour schemes), Rik (for the brush-in technique), not to mention other priceless nuggets from others, without their help I'd still be shouting at my gear and would have given up long ago! And im only too happy to pass that knowledge on whenever the opportunity allows.

here here Rob well sead.

where would any of us be without the help we have had from members of sgl, me especially.

i have been trying to get better and to some degree i am getting there but not without the help i have had on sgl, great images rob .

Maybe you should have kept it, Rob!

Louise

Nahh, it had to go... being used once a year was no good reason to keep it, and the 130 has that FL range pretty much covered. Ideally, I'd like scopes of 350, 650 and 1000mm FL... that would be enough for me :) 

Nahh, it had to go... being used once a year was no good reason to keep it, and the 130 has that FL range pretty much covered. Ideally, I'd like scopes of 350, 650 and 1000mm FL... that would be enough for me :)

Then you can start adding more cameras ;)

Only another 2 scopes to go then Rob :D

Thats the plan! :)

And oddly enough, the smallest of them will be the most expensive! A 200pds will cover the 1000mm FL but I'll leave that until last.

I have a SW 190mn, ED80 ,

Do I need a 130pds too? and if so why?  :smiley:.

Probably because it is colour true, and  fast and Light ?

Certainly looks attractive.

Steady on Ron! Lets just get you an image first, then we can move on from there ;)

Thats the plan! :)

And oddly enough, the smallest of them will be the most expensive! A 200pds will cover the 1000mm FL but I'll leave that unti last.

Steady on Ron! Lets just get you an image first, then we can move on from there ;)

What can I say Rob. I just like telescopes, and I've saved myself a load of dosh by not upgrading 

to a Samsung S6. I decided my S4 is fine for my needs, so Ill wait another year.

But you are quite right in what you said,  and hopefully, my Imaging career will blossom, and kick start the SGL  Image of the Month 

Competition. 

Of course you do know everyone will get fed up of me winning it each Month  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :p .

Archived