Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OBSERVING MEET - Sept. 2015

L8-Nite

The next observing session at Blaenavon is scheduled for Friday the 11th, or Saturday the 12th of September at the " Fox Hunter " car park, which is next to the radio towers just northeast of town. The site coordinates are.......

On Google Earth:  51*  47'  25.74" N  by  -3*  4'  10.74" W

On Google Maps:  51.79053 ,  -3.069705

Check this thread for updates, and on the day, in the afternoon to see if the meet is a  " GO  or a  NO - GO " pursuant to the weather.

Think Clear Skies !  :smiley:

• 2 weeks later...

Think Friday is the last hope for a while Mike - back to the wet stuff after the weekend at least for a short time

Not sure at the moment how I'm fixed I've got raging flu and my dad's been taken into hospital so evenings taken up a bit at the moment

Sorry to hear things are not well at the moment Steve, hope you both get better sooner than later.

The weather is what it is, so we just have to go with the flow. If we get clouded out this week we still have an opportunity for dark sky observing the following weekend, and also there's the Lunar eclipse on the 28th to look forward to this month. The total eclipse falls on a Monday night during the work week, however, if there's enough interest and the forecast looks promising, perhaps a short notice meet could be on the agenda ?   

Archived