SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Look what arrived today : )

• 3 weeks later...

Well, what do you think then?

We are all waiting with bated breath for your first light report... :ohmy:

I have one too.  The mirror was not very good; the "paraboloid" was really a pair of intersecting spheres and with a turned-up edge for good measure (but I might have had an unusually bad one so I am interested in how yours is).

I had the mirror refigured, and also found out how to dismantle it.  The result is a nice travel scope with rich field capability.  I have also modified it so it can be collimated. :cool:

I hae one and mount it onto a sturdy camera tripod, used it tonight actually. Great for mini sessions and is a lot of fun. Still have not got around to making a box to put into boot of the car but twill do soon.

I have 2 eyepieces for it, a 20mm and a 9mm. I also have a 2x barlow which has the screw off lens for making a 1.5 barlow. gives a lot of options. I have also added a 6x30 viewfinder and changed the orientation to make the eyepiece holder easier to use and so it can use slightly heavier ep's.

post-26735-0-95875900-1442184628.jpg

post-26735-0-62981200-1442184649.jpg

Archived