Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium

dmk

My son has installed Stellarium onto my laptop.

What a fantastic piece of modern technology.

We entered our Lat & Lon coordinates, and I must say that I am truly amazed at the accurate position of the Moon in regards to my exact position in the garden.

My only worry is that will Stellarium work without being connected to the interweb?

We had the use of a wireless set for the interweb,but this is on a limited basis.

If you missed the link on the website, there is a user's guide you can download. As well as an online one in Wiki. Here's the download pdf:

http://barry.sarcasmogerdes.com/stellarium/stellarium_user_guide-new.PDF

And the Wiki:

http://www.stellarium.org/wiki/index.php/Stellarium_User_Guide

I've had Stellarium loaded, and updated, in my computers for years, and I'm still finding new entities in it - along with all the updates being written as we speak. Alexander Wolf is one of it's developers, as well as a member here in SGL.

Keep looking up,

Dave

• 1 month later...

Thanks for positive feedback :) Stellarium may be require connection to Internet for downloading extra stuff, like stars catalogs, TLE for artificial satellites, exoplanets data and etc. It can work without Internet of course.

Thanks for positive feedback :) Stellarium may be require connection to Internet for downloading extra stuff, like stars catalogs, TLE for artificial satellites, exoplanets data and etc. It can work without Internet of course.

Thank you for your hard work in producing this software,and providing it FREE!

Archived