SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC6888 Smash & Grab (130pds)

Uranium235

After a weekend of heavy rain & storms, there was a brief clear spell last night so I took the opportunity to set up (though it was a little damp and misty to say the least!). Had no idea what to go for so I just plumped for the Crescent being as I havent done it for a couple of years.

1hr 45min was enough to buy me some of the surrounding fluff, but no sign of that elusive soap bubble yet - I think it will take a lot more exposure to get that. And, for the first time in a while ive gone unbinned (shock!) :)  However, it will be a while before I can add any OIII since the Moon is gathering in strengh - so for now I will just keep hitting it in Ha.

7x900 (Ha) 1x1bin

130pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6, MPCC MkIII

Calib: Flats and Bias

Thanks for looking! :)

20229963234_3f26b32630_b.jpg

Hi Rob,

Nice image for only 7x900 secs :) I hear you on the wetaher, I guess it's bit like that all over, not even sunny Portugal get clear skies anymore! Aaarrrggghhhhh!

The soap bubble is there, not very strong signal yet but it's there, sorry to mark it on your image but it's just easier like that :)

Cheers,

post-13017-0-24892900-1440449562_thumb.j

Archived