Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M15 in a 414

MattJenko

Here is M15. This was taken with a new guiding setup for me, a 60EDT with ASI120M. The penny finally dropped that my guiding was never as good with the ASI120 because I had no IR filter! Doh! I also have come to realise that the 60EDT doesn't handle Blue very well, so I am now guiding with a Green filter and all is much better.

This is a quick set of 2 min exposures which I almost finished before the clouds decided enough fun was had. R+G 15 x 2mins, B 10 x 2 mins. PixInsight for the processing.

0250c97e243974ac7f354b2e15c552f3.1824x0_

Thanks all, I am really pleased with this one. M15 is a bit of a loner, in that it is classed as a Pegasus DSO from what I can see, and there are certainly not many of those, other than M2 below it. I like it as it is a linking object between Enif and the doubles of Delphinus, and you are right Michael, that part of the sky is dominated by M13 and Cygnus in terms of visual treats.

Archived