Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help wanted at Manchester Astro event

S-Nova

Hi Everyone

I’m currently setting up a science/art crossover event at the Godlee Observatory in Manchester (UK) on the evening of the 3rd of October. The plan is to combine some interesting and inspiring presentations on urban astro, telescopes and photography with a range of creative activities - including poetry and sketching. The idea is that the event will have a broad appeal attracting both amateur astronomers and interested laymen.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in coming along to help out on the night - Specifically, I’m looking for people in the local area who would like to bring along their telescopes, discuss their kit, donate images (I’m planning to have a number of images around the room noting location and equipment used) or anyone willing to show their sketches and perhaps lead a group on astronomical sketching.

Any offers of help will be hugely appreciated (helpers will also get first pick of our astronomy themed cakes!).

Also, if anyone is interested in coming along please let me know. Tickets are not available yet but places will be limited by the size of the venue, so if you fancy coming I can reserve you a place (It should be a great opportunity to bring friends and family too - since there will be activities for all levels of experience)

Cheers

More details on the event can be found here: http://funpalaces.co.uk/discover/written-in-the-stars-an-evening-of-urban-astronomy-and-creative-writing/

Archived