SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My daughters first light :)

Hi again everyone i noticed the moon is out even though its still light so i thought i would let my 7 year old daughter have a look as she has ADHD and loves space but with it being summer she has not had chance to stargaze with me.she always asks if i have been out and if i have i have to tell her every detail of my observing session she gets so excited :) so back to my story lets just say i never thought anyone could get as excited as me when looking at celestial objects(i really am like a big kid lol)but the smile that came on her face was the best thing i have ever seen in my life she said its the best night of her life with tears in her eyes which also made me fill up as well.i cannot wait till the long dark nights set in so i can show her some more of the awe inspiring wonders our universe has to offer.i think i have a stargazing buddy for life now :)

My grandson has the same and as soon as he saw my scope it was "gandad,gandad" let's see.He,s getting into things science related but every time we have the kids guess what clouds,poor blighter.He might need some steps though,I have told him next time I promise mmmm how do I keep my word?

It must off been lovely to see the smile on her little face it's great when you can share a hobby with a child or grandchild I have a grandson who is four and when he is over he always wants me to get the telescope out he gets so excited when it is clear enough alas it always clouds over as it gets dark but he just likes to see the landscape through it anyway , I too cannot wait til autumn/ winter when it will get dark earlier and hopefully less cloud around.

Thanks everyone for the replys.i think life is about sharing the things you love with the people you love and vica versa whatever my family love i also love because i love them.we only get one family cherish what you have everyday because it might not be there tomorrow.enough of me being soppy now i wish you all clear skies :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Neil,

That's a great post,

Viewing the night sky with your children is such a great feeling. It gets really intimate as you wander round the sky. Still doing this with my 22 yr old son it's great we work as a team in the Obsy and they soak up information so quickly that he now steers me around the sky but love every minute spent out there together.

Enjoy

Gareth.

When mine had a party one night with a bunch of other kids around I took them outside and offered a bag of sweets as a prize for the first one to spot the ISS (I knew it was due over within a few minutes). That sparked an interesting and fun15-20minutes answering a lot of questions about what they could see.

ChrisH

This brings back memories. On seeing the moon through my scope. My little girl squeeked and started jumping up and down in delight. Shame that she was hanging on to the Eypiece at the time. No damage and a very special moment.

Thanks for posting.

Paul

Archived