NEQ6 Pro bought from local store in Dubai

Hi,

I bought a NEQ6 pro mount from a local store in Dubai. The mount polar scope have totally different view what I see online. Here's how it look like (Attached - see below)

post-43607-0-31012900-1440308422_thumb.j

I don't see Ursa Major, Cassiopeia and small circle in center where to align the polaris.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi crea8tive,

Yes it does appear to be a southern hemisphere polar scope. I'm unsure how this would be used in the north. perhaps you can see the dealer and see if he can swap for a northern polar scope although I'veno dealings with dubai shopping :)

Good luck, hope you get sorted and welcome to sgl

I have never once looked through my polar scope - I set my mount up roughly north them did it all via software. My polar scope could have a start chart of Orion in it for all I know :D

So I would polar align with software and not worry about looking through the thing ever again :)

It may be possible to buy a replacement polar scope (or just the reticle) for the northern hemisphere.  You still need to make sure the polar scope is aligned with the RA axis and that the reticle is in the correct position before it's very useful though.

If you can't get a northern hemisphere version then I'd probably align it with the RA axis and then align the mount to have Polaris at the centre, which should get you close enough to drift align (or use whatever other method takes your fancy).

James

Point the scope towards Polaris, do a 2 star align with the handset, once successful in the same section a Polar Alignment option will appear, select a star from the list that's good for you, if you repeat this using different  stars you should be good for close to 5 minutes unguided tracking, viewing the stars for alignment i found easy using a Telrad......

I have never once looked through my polar scope - I set my mount up roughly north them did it all via software. My polar scope could have a start chart of Orion in it for all I know :D

So I would polar align with software and not worry about looking through the thing ever again :)

What software you use Sara?

It's a new style universal scope, I had one for eq3-2 and it's like that.

You have 2 options

1. Unlock and rotate R/A so that 12 o'clock is at its high point. Then use "polar finder" app or similar select the Skywarcher reticule and set location ect. Then place polaris to the same position shown in the app on your polar scope.

2. Use in the normal way replacing what would normally be the polaris circle with 12 o'clock in the new reticle. As long as you always use the same clock position for polaris circle you can use it the same way as the old marking

Archived