Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nikon D600 monochrome images

Herra Kuulapaa

Hi guys,

I got my full frame Nikon D600 monochrome mod ready in July, but it was too light up here north to do any imaging that time. "Luckily" nights are getting dark again and I have managed to do some proper narrowband imaging with it.

Here's a NGC7000 Ha image:

PA_PIENI.jpg

Nikon D600m, 6x660s 12nm Ha exposures with TS65Q

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that looks great!! Could you tell me a little more about the mono mod? Sounds exciting!

Hi Martin,

It is exciting work, which if succeeds, results a great AP tool. Here is a 104 pages long thread full of tears and gnashing of teeth though ;)

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/166334-debayering-a-dslrs-bayer-matrix/page-104

Nights are getting cloudy again, which on the other hand means more night sleep for me, but slightly mixed feelings :) / :(

I took some Gamma Cygni exposures two nights ago. The TS65Q and a full frame sensor is wide enough to get also the Crescent nebula in same frame.

Gamma_Cygni_PIENI.jpg

8x900s Ha, TS65Q and that same Nikon D600.

I have some OIII channel exposures as well, but not enough to make a false color image. I was surpriced to see that there is not much else than Crescent on that channel.

This hobby starts to intefere with my day job now. I mostly blame the good weather :grin:

Last night was clear again and although it was very humid I took some exposures of Cederblad 214. It was actually so humid that the front lens was covered in dev after my scope stood only one hour outside. It didn't help that the front lens was pointing 90 degrees left while I was waiting for proper darkness. All the surfaces were soaking wet :undecided:

Cederblad214_1200.jpg

Nikon D600 monochrome, 10x900s, true dark current mod, TS65Q

This week will be cloudy so it's time to get some sleep..

• 4 weeks later...

HS_1200_Ha.jpg

Ha channel with Nikon D600 mono, native resolution is 5800x3800 pixels :grin:

HS_1200_RGB.jpg

Ha-RGB composite

Interesting times, I have hopes to get a D800 mono version done soon so I probably have to let this camera go, don't have enough time to use them all :sad:

I'm having some doubts about the D800 being as good as this one because of the smaller pixels though (D600 - 5.95um vs D800 - 4.88um), hmmm...

Archived