Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which would you prefer?

Cheers guys I've owned all three types of scope at one point or a other and agree, however I actually went for the mak. Space is limited and the mak will act as a good grab and go, until I have more time an can start building an imaging rig :)

Is a newt really what you'd all 'prefer' though? Sure it's a cheap light bucket, but is it your favourite, is it as easy to use / maintain...

this scope

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

(6"f11 dob) gives great views but so do my 12" f4 and 16" f4 and my 120mm and 80mm EDs.

if just planetary then my best ever views are through my 16" f4 masked to 170mm f11

post-17776-133877758944.jpg

as with anything, we rarely buy things just for a sole use so other factors come into play

Is a newt really what you'd all 'prefer' though? Sure it's a cheap light bucket, but is it your favourite, is it as easy to use / maintain...

For < £200, yes.

My 12" dob is as easy to set up, use and maintain as my 4" and 4.7" ED refractors.

I like the aesthetics of the images that the refractors put up and they do really well for their aperture though.

this scope

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

(6"f11 dob) gives great views but so do my 12" f4 and 16" f4 and my 120mm and 80mm EDs.

if just planetary then my best ever views are through my 16" f4 masked to 170mm f11

post-17776-133877758944.jpg

as with anything, we rarely buy things just for a sole use so other factors come into play

It's tall, it's thin. It's elegant.  I hate it!!!

Nothing personal, of course...

:grin: lly

Archived