Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

Jimmyj

Welcome Jimmy.

Nice place here ... and Norfolk!

If you're in the Norwich area, we've a public open night at Norwich Astronomical Society, Seething Observatory on 4 and 5 September with a lecture by our president, Mark Thompson. 

Worth a visit just to have a look around, have a chat with like-minded people and a look through a scope or two. (I am biased as I'm the Chairman!)

AndyG

Thanks for all the reply's!! Ive posted a few times so far and getting lots of information which is great hopefully someday i can help someone out too when i gain vast knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Jimmy.

Nice place here ... and Norfolk!

If you're in the Norwich area, we've a public open night at Norwich Astronomical Society, Seething Observatory on 4 and 5 September with a lecture by our president, Mark Thompson.

Worth a visit just to have a look around, have a chat with like-minded people and a look through a scope or two. (I am biased as I'm the Chairman!)

AndyG

Hi andy

Im in the heart of norwich city myself, so don't get fantastic views of the skies

Does it get busy? Im a little nervous of going to be honest as i do not know very much and have only just started out But i defo should be coming down on one of those nights going to take a trip during the day so i know the route to go so i don't get lost! Im on the Facebook page as well, but its very quiet up here in norfolk, not too many astronomers? I will take all the advice i can get.

Is it worth me bringing my scope down?

Its a refractor its not one of them advanced ones but its my starting point.

Id also love to be able to eventually take those incredible photos, I'm a long way off that tho!

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers

Jimmy

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Jimmy,

Did you go to the open night on the 4th/5th? I went to the one on the Saturday.

I really enjoy it!

No i missed it i had a busy work schedule, however i am planning to go to the next one? Are you going to the next one?

Regards

Jimmy

• 3 months later...

Hi Jimmy

How are you getting along? I myself am just starting out, have just purchased myself a Skywatcher Skyliner 200p Dobsonian. I am looking forward to it arriving in the next few days. I am very new to astronomy, and have emailed the Tottenhill astronomy group to arrange to pop along one evening to have a look and chat to people. Did you manage to get along to any of their nights?

Kerry

• 1 year later...

Archived